Thursday, December 07, 2006

I've never really been into the Left Behind series. It's not because I don't like to read (I do), or that I don't enjoy post-apocalyptic pop fiction (occasionally, I do). Rather, the series lost any hint of credibility the minute that Kirk Cameron was cast as the main character in the Left Behind movies. (I know I've said this before, forgive me).

I understand that part of enjoying a movie is suspending one's disbelief. I choose to believe that a man of Sylvester Stallone's height (God bless him) could actually be a successful fighter because I want to enjoy Rocky Balboa when it's hits theaters this Christmas. However, a person can only suspend disbelief up to a point. And I can simply not believe that God would not take Kirk Cameron to heaven with him. Kirk Cameron would never actually be "left behind".

Having said that for those of you that are fans of LB, you might like to hear that there is a new video game being released that is based on the series. According to the New York Times, "Combines Tom Clancy like suspense with touches of romance, high-tech flash and Biblical references." Whatever that means.


Here is an interesting (and long) interview with Sly Stallone in which he addresses various details about his upcoming movies Rocky Balboa and Rambo IV, and also answers questions about past movies like, "For the love of all that is good and Holy.
How do you use the 3 seashells?!" If you understand what that question is referencing you are probably a male between the ages of 20-35.


For those of you who are familiar with Mars Hill Church (Seattle not that other one), the protest against Pastor Mark Driscoll has been called off.

If any ladies out there are considering going steady with Jesus, read this first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home